The Pleasure and Promise of Charitable Bequests
If an important part of your life’s story is your relationship with Rosemont大学, then there is no better way to honor that relationship than to create a lasting legacy of generosity that will shape the future of Rosemont for generations to come.
Adding a gift for Rosemont to your will (also known as a bequest) or retirement plan is a simple act with impressive consequences. However, bequests still qualify as something of a best-kept secret. Few people realize their impact on Rosemont大学.
Here are a few points we would like you to consider:
- Leaving a gift to Rosemont in your will or retirement plan is one of the easiest gifts 为了使. You can create it in any dollar amount, designate a percentage of your estate, 或者特定赠与财产.
- The generosity of thirty-four donors just like you has totaled nearly $11.500万年 in gifts to Rosemont over the past 10 years.
- The average bequest size (not counting two multi-million dollar gifts) was $95,000.
- The smallest bequests were in the range of $500 - $10,000.
The College’s largest gift in its history, to date, was a bequest of $5.300万年 from a friend of the College Eleanor M. Weisbrod. Through her will, Eleanor provided the funds to create two endowed scholarships. 一个是为了纪念她的姐姐. 海伦 Mary Weisbrod, SHCJ, and one in honor of her parents.
Her bequest also contributed additional funding to the scholarship that bears her 名字. 她的远见和慷慨 also allowed the College to modernize the Kistler 图书馆 by constructing the Weisbrod 信息共享.
If you plan for a future gift to Rosemont大学, we’d like to honor you with membership in a very special group, the 红玉髓的同事. 你如何加入?? 这是一步 process: just let us know about your charitable bequest.
As a member of the 红玉髓的同事 we will include your 名字 in our annual Honor 捐助者名册. If you prefer to remain anonymous, that is fine too.
是的. 没有比这更简单的了. A short phone call to your lawyer does the job.
A surprising number of people – even those with substantial assets – never get around
When a person dies without a will, the law determines how to divide up the assets 在庄园里. With a will, you assert full control: your written wishes dictate exactly how and to whom your assets will be distributed.
If you don’t have a will yet and would like a referral to a qualified estate attorney in your community, Rosemont may be able to help. 我们和很多律师合作过. 只是 give us a call at 610-527-0200 x 2216.
While you can 名字 a specific dollar amount in your will you can also arrange to leave a percentage of your estate’s value or the residual of your estate after other gifts 是由. 我们欢迎任何大小的礼物.
No. You have several options in addition to cash:
- Financial investments such as stocks, bonds, or certificates of deposit
- A life insurance policy or retirement plan. You can arrange for this type of gift by making Rosemont大学 your beneficiary.
The Board of Trustees of Rosemont大学 recently approved a Gift Acceptance Policy
that allows the College to give recognition and credit to donors for bequests or other
计划的礼物. By doing so, Rosemont will be able to include your 名字 in listings
of donors regardless of when your bequest was originally made, if that is your preference.
In order for credit and recognition to be given by the College, appropriate documentation must be provided to Rosemont大学.
Documentation must include the following:
- The commitment should specify an amount to be distributed to the organization or, if a percentage of the estate or a trust, specify a credible estimate of the value of the estate at the time the commitment is made.
- Verification of the commitment through one of the following forms:
a. A letter or agreement from the donor or donor’s advisor affirming the commitment.
b. 遗嘱副本. (The only portion necessary is that which includes Rosemont大学.)
c. Notification form, signed by donor or advisor.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Rennie H. 安德鲁斯, 电话:610-527-0200 × 2952或 email@example.com.