Adult Professional Studies General Education
The General Education program goals for the School of Professional Studies emerge from the mission of the College; they reinforce that we, as a College, are a community of learners. As a student at the School of Professional Studies, you gain the opportunity to participate in the Rosemont College experience, and to carry the Mission into your career, community, and life.
Our unique approach to a liberal arts education is focused on enhancing each student's
individual gifts and talents. A Rosemont education equips you for a lifetime of success,
no matter what your path is. Our general education requirements reflect this approach. We've compiled some answers to the most commonly-asked questions, but as always, feel free to reach out to our friendly admissions officers.
To achieve the College's goals to the fullest extent, graduates of Rosemont's Adult Professional Studies will:
- Demonstrate effective, thorough, and logical communication, research, and information literacy skills to function professionally and ethically in today’s society.
- Integrate cultural sensitivity and social justice into local and global interactions.
- Apply scientific, quantitative, and artistic knowledge to make informed decisions in both natural and designed worlds.
- Incorporate ethics and spirituality in analysis and decision-making.
- Assist in creating a community of learners by integrating and applying knowledge among work, the classroom, and the community.