Dr. Tazzarae Spivey-Mooring is a Philadelphia native. She completed a BA in 心理学 at 天普大学, a MA in Group 咨询 and Organizational Dynamics at Drexel University (formally Medical College of Pennsylvania/Hahnemann University), and was awarded a PhD in 咨询 心理学 from the College of 教育 at Lehigh University.
Dr. Spivey-Mooring has over 20 years of clinical experience providing mental health services in the community for children, adolescents, families, and adults. 她的研究兴趣 include help-seeking attitudes among persons of color, multicultural counseling competence, minority mentorship experiences in higher education, and social justice issues that impact socioeconomically disadvantaged populations. Dr. Spivey-Mooring is currently employed with the United States Department of Veteran Affairs where she provides mental health services for our nation’s veterans.
- 论文: Cultural Alienation, Mental Health and Attitudes Towards Seeking Psychological Help Among Students of Color at Predominantly White Universities
- MA, Group 咨询 and Organizational Dynamics
- 论文: Cultural Sensitivity in the Treatment of Ethnic Minorities: Group 治疗及家庭治疗
Professional Certifications and Licensure
- Licensed Psychologist Eligible: 2,000 post-doctoral hours completed toward licensure
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Spivey-Mooring T.E. & Burgan-Apprey, C(2014年7月). University of Virginia 研究生 Mentoring Institute: A Model Program for 研究生 学生的成功. 皮博迪教育杂志
- Spivey-Mooring T.E. 5月(2008) Cultural Alienation, Mental Health and Attitudes Towards Seeking Psychological Help Among Students of Color at Predominantly White Universities. Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Spivey T. E. (2002年8月). Multicultural issues and competencies in supervision. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Chicago, IL.
- Spivey T.E. 3月(2001). A different worldview: Cultural considerations for the socially and economically 弱势群体的客户. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the National Black 研究生 Student 会议，拉伯克，德克萨斯州.
- Spivey T.E. (2000年6月). Cultural sensitivity in the treatment of ethnic minorities: Group 治疗和家庭治疗. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the Pennsylvania Psychological 协会，哈里斯堡，宾夕法尼亚州
- American Psychological Association
- American 咨询 Association
- Delaware Valley Association of Black Psychologists
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- American Psychological Association Minority Fellowship Program Mental Health Services and Substance Abuse Training Fellowship, 由SAMHSA赞助 (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)